At Lumley infant and Nursery School, we are an inclusive school and we are committed to supporting and promoting the emotional wellbeing of all children. We are proud to offer:
- a school with caring and dedicated staff;
- a curriculum and school ethos that has children’s social and emotional well-being at the heart of it.
- participation in national events such as anti – bullying week and follow up activities to ensure that we have an anti-bullying culture in school.
- a behaviour system which embraces a restorative approach and a reward system that encourages children to be kind, caring and considerate to others.
- weekly DREAMS assembly with a focus on our ‘core values’.
The thoughts and feelings of the children in our school are of paramount importance to us. We take the time and opportunity to listen to children and parents about any additional support that they may need. If it is felt that additional support or intervention is necessary to support a child’s social or emotional development then we can offer:
- a member of staff trained in ‘Connecting with Children’ and timetabled sessions for support
- access to Emotional Wellbeing team for high levels of need.
- close liaison with external services where referrals for specialist advice can be made.