We are committed to providing a fully accessible environment which values and includes all pupils, staff, parents and visitors regardless of their education, physical, sensory, social, spiritual and emotional needs. We are committed to challenging negative attitudes about disability and accessibility and to developing a culture of awareness, tolerance and inclusion.
What we do to prevent pupils with disabilities from being treated less favourably:
At Lumley Infant and Nursery School, we are committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity, prevent any child from being treated less favourably and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe, stimulating and accessible curriculum for all of our children in which they are able to grow and flourish
- Celebrate the achievements of all our children and families
- Liaise with families and regularly consult with children and parents to ensure that the needs of our children are being met
- Ensure that every child is able to be fully involved in both school life and the curriculum, and is offered the opportunity to participate in activities inside and outside the classroom by making reasonable adjustments.
The facilities to assist access are outlined in our Accessibility Plan which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
Our Accessibility Plan and the short, medium and long term actions, will be reviewed and adjusted on an annual basis and a new Accessibility Plan will be produced every three years.
The Accessibility Plan contains relevant actions to:
- Improve access to the physical environment of the school, adding specialist facilities as necessary.
- Increase access to the curriculum for pupils with a disability. This covers reasonable adjustments within teaching and learning, specialist aids and equipment and the wider curriculum of the school, such as after school clubs, visits etc,
- Improve the provision of information to pupils, staff, parents and visitors with disabilities. All information will be made available in various formats within a reasonable time frame.